The perfect list of after 12th best medical courses without NEET exam is here !!
In this post, I have hand-picked some of the most trusted and demanding medical courses that you can pursue without appearing for the NEET (UG) exam.
In short, if you fail to pass the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and still looking for the better career options for building your career then you’ll love this post. 🙂
Let’s dive right in.
Also read – Job oriented computer courses after graduation.
Table Of Contents
- What Is the NEET Exam?
- Eligibility For Medical Courses Without NEET
- Medical Courses After 12th Without NEET
- Other Medical Courses Without NEET
- Career Scope Of Medical Degree Without NEET
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the NEET Exam?
The NEET (UG) or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Undergraduate), formerly the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT), is the qualifying test for students who want to study undergraduate medical courses like MBBS and dental courses like BDS in India.
This entrance test is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and it is one of the toughest medical entrance examinations in India.
Unfortunately, because of it’s difficulty & limited seat availability… the majority of students fail to crack this entrance test.
But, the best part is.
There are so many fruitful medical courses available that one can purse without NEET examination.
Eligibility For Medical Courses Without NEET
Like I told you before in the last section that there are many opportunities to grab without applying for NEET exam…
…Yes, it is true but you still need to fulfil the eligibility criteria to move forward and choose the best career option for your future.
Here’s the deal.
- Completion of class 12 with minimum qualifying percentile
- Having Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics (PCB/PCM) subject combination in class 12.
- An unshakable belief & trust in yourself.
- You might need to appear for some entrance examination in certain universities
11 Best Medical Courses After 12th Without NEET
Are you looking for some most sought after 12th medical courses that you can do without the NEET exam? If Yes, then you’re on the right section!
1. Bachelor Of Science in Cardiac Or Cardiovascular Technology
B.Sc in Cardiac Technology is decent after 12th medical course that educates one more about different cardiac disorders.
Other than that, this course also plays a very important role in developing management skills to deal with various cardiovascular issues.
It is a 3-year long undergraduate programme with average course fees of around ₹30,000 to ₹5 lakhs.
After completion of this robust 3-year long journey, you can get opportunities from top recruiting areas like hospitals, health organizations, universities etc.
Some of the popular job profiles after B.Sc (Cardiac Technology) are.
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Cardiac Care Technologist
- Cardiac Care Technician
- Medical Sonographer
2. Bachelor Of Occupational Therapy
This is another awesome course that involves studying different remedies to prevent and cure issues at physical, emotional & mental level.
Students who achieve specialization in this field are like angles to the people who are suffering from physical, emotional or mental pain.
BOT is 4 to 5 years long undergraduate programme that includes managing the dysfunctions caused to people due to social, biological, and economic reasons.
The average fees for this course in India are ₹20,000 to ₹80,000.
Some of the popular job profiles after BOT are.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Geriatric Occupational Therapist
- Paediatrics Occupational Therapist
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Mental Health Therapist
3. Bachelor Of Technology In Biomedical Engineering
Here’s one more lucrative career option but this time the course is related to the advanced medical technology & the engineering field.
And the course is B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering…it is a 4-year long undergraduate degree programme which is divided into 8 semesters.
Biomedical Engineering involves dealing with basic engineering concepts in medical science and many more related fields such as Computational Biology, Biomedical processing, material science, etc.
In India, the average course fees of this programme are somewhere close to between ₹3.5 lakhs to ₹10 lakhs.
Some of the popular job profiles after B.Tech BME are.
- Biomechanical engineer
- Rehabilitation engineer
- Clinical engineer
- Bioengineering researcher
4. Bachelor Of Perfusion Technology
If you are interested in studying pathology & physiology of the lungs and the allied respiratory organs of the human body then you can go for this robust course after 12th.
This course is even suitable for you if you desire to operate sophisticated equipment such as a heart-lung machine or want to measure & maintain blood pressure & tissue viability of patients respectively.
If we talk about the duration of this course then you need to stick with this programme for almost 3 years in any private or government institutes.
The average course fees for this programme is around ₹60,000 to ₹2 lakhs.
Some of the popular job profiles after B.Sc (Perfusion Technology) are.
- Medical coder
- Cardiac Perfusionist
- Risk manager
- Cardiac Technician
5. Bachelor Of Science In Biotechnology
B.Sc in Biotechnology is a 3-year long UG course that aims to give proper training of techniques, specific concepts & important applications used in biotechnology.
This programme is divided into 6 semesters and aspirants like you get complete knowledge of the bi-molecular and cellular activities throughout the course.
Talking about the investment, the average course fees for this programme is anywhere between ₹50,000 to ₹2lakhs in India.
The marks obtained at the higher secondary level plays a vital role in this admission process of this undergraduate programme.
Some of the popular job profiles after B.Sc (Biotechnology) are.
- Research Analyst
- Forensic Experts
- Calibration Technician
- Clinical Research Manager
6. Bachelor Of Science In Microbiology
Microbiology is nothing but the study of the micro-organisms, bacteria or viruses that are nearly impossible to see with the naked eyes.
So, if you want to do an in-depth study or research of these micro creatures then you should research more on this programme later.
BSc Microbiology is also a full-time undergraduate programme that comes with 3 years of duration.
In many private & government coaching institutes this programme is available at the cost of ₹50,000 to ₹2.5 lakhs.
Some of the popular job profiles after B.Sc (Microbiology) are.
- Food, Industrial or Environmental Microbiologists
- Quality Assurance Technologists
- Sales or Technical Representative
- Clinical and Veterinary Microbiologists
- Research Assistant
7. Bachelor’s In Psychology
B.A. in Psychology includes the study of health, personality, human development, social behaviour, cognitive processes to deal with all types of thoughts that might negatively impact an individual’s life.
Within 3 years, you will learn topics such as Biopsychology, Psychology of Individual Differences, Social Psychology, Counselling Psychology, etc.
A 10+2 from a recognised university with 55% in aggregate in Class 12 exam is enough to secure your admission in any institutes in India.
₹20,000 to ₹2 lakhs is the average courses fees for this programme in the majority of institutes in India.
Some of the popular job profiles after BA (Psychology) are.
- Sales Representative
- Advertising Agents
- Career Counselors
- Social Worker
8. Bachelor Of Respiratory Therapy
If you want to become a specialist in treating respiratory-based and cardiopulmonary diseases and disorders then blindly enrol for this programme.
B.Sc (Respiratory Therapy) is a 4-year degree course in which 1-year of an internship is compulsory for the students as per guidelines.
This amazing course is available at ₹50,000 to ₹2.5 lakhs in many of the private & government coaching institutes.
JEE Main, BITSAT, COMEDK are some of the entrance exams conducted for admission to the course.
Some of the popular job profiles after B.Sc (Respiratory Therapy) are.
- Respiratory Therapist
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Specialist
- Product Manager
- Consultant Respiratory Therapist
- Clinical Respiratory Therapist
9. Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
Finally a course for health-conscious students and diet lovers.
B.Sc in Nutrition & Dietetics provides the roadmap to students for preparing a proper and balanced diet, food management, eating habits etc.
The duration of this course is 3 years which also includes 2 months of additional clinical or industrial training.
The programme fees of this outstanding undergraduate 3-year degree course is around ₹40,000 to ₹2.5 lakhs.
Some of the popular job profiles after B.Sc (Nutrition & Dietetics) are.
- Food Service Nutritionist
- Clinical Nutritionist
- Sports Nutritionist
- Public Health Nutritionist
- Consultant Nutritionist
10. Bachelor Of Pharmacy
B.Pharma is another lucrative and most sought after 12th class medical course in this list.
Aspirants choose this course if they are interested in learning the process of preparing drugs or medicines.
This four-year undergraduate degree programme also teaches them “how does the dispensing of medicine and drugs take place etc”.
Because the duration of B.Pharm (UG) course is 4 years… it is divided into 6-8 semesters.
The annual course fees of this programme in India is between ₹20,000 to ₹1.5 lakhs.
Some of the popular job profiles after B.Pharm are.
- Drug Inspector
- Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Quality Control and Production
- Medical Underwriting
11. Bachelor Of Science In Radiography
Doing radiographic imaging of the human body is a crucial part of the medical industry & the B.Sc in Radiography is the exact course available to train the student on these skills.
Some of the robust methods of radiographic imaging includes CT scans, MRI, etc which are then used to produce results.
Bachelor of Science in Radiography is a 3-year undergraduate degree programme which is offered by many private or government institutes in India for the average course fees of ₹50,000 or more.
Some of the popular job profiles after B.Sc (Radiography) are.
- 1. Radiology Technician
- 2. Radiology Assistant
- 3. Radiologist
- 4. Radiology Technologist/Radiographer
- 5. Radiology Nurse
You may also like – High paid courses after 12th science.
Other Medical Courses Without NEET
In this section, we’ll talk about some additional after 12th medical courses without NEET.
Let’s get started.
- Advance Care Paramedic
- Anaesthesia Assistants and Technologist
- Anatomy (Non-clinical)
- Assistant Behaviour Analyst
- B.Sc Blood Banking Technology
- B.Sc Blood Transfusion Technology
- B.Sc Cardiac Technology
- B.Sc Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc Endoscopy and Gastrointestinal Imaging Technologies
- B.Sc in Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc in Orthopedic Technology
- B.Sc in Paramedical Technology
- B.Sc in Radiology and Imaging Technology
- B.Sc Nursing
- B.Sc Respiratory Care Technology
- Bachelor in Audiology and Speech-Language
- Bachelor in Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Bachelors in Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Technology
- Bachelors in Audiometric Technology
- Bachelors in Physician Assistantship Training
- Behaviour Analyst
- Burn Care Technologist
- Cell Geneticist
- Clinical Coder
- Clinical Social Worker (other than Counsellors)
- Critical Care or Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Technologist
- Diagnostic Medical Radiographer
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Dialysis Therapy Technologist
- Dietician including Clinical Dietician, Food Service Dietician
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) Technologist or Echocardiogram (ECHO) Technologist
- Emergency Medical Technologist (Paramedic) or Emergency Medical Technician-Basic
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy Technologist
- Environment Protection Officer
- Forensic Science Technologist
- Health Educator including Disease Counsellors, Diabetes Educators, Lactation Consultants
- Health Information Management Technologist
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Counsellors or Family Planning Counsellors
- Integrated Behavioural Health Counsellors
- Medical Equipment Technologist
- Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Mental Health Support Workers
- Molecular Biologist (non-clinical)
- Molecular Geneticist
- Movement Therapist including Art, Dance and Movement Therapist or Recreational Therapist
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Occupational Health and Safety Officer
- Operation Theatre (OT) Technologist
- Ophthalmic Assistant
- Physician Associate and Assistant
- Physiology (Non-clinical)
- Physiotherapist including Geriatric Physical Therapist, Orthopaedic Physical Therapist, Pediatric Physical Therapist
- Radiology and Imaging Technologist or Assistants (Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT), Mammography)
- Sleep Lab Technologist
- Transcription (Including Medical Record Technician or Medical Records Analyst)
Career Scope Of Medical Degree Without NEET
Well, giving a straight forward answer to this question is kinda impossible thing…
…for example – I can’t say choose so and so career option or enrol for this specific course and it will make your life better.
The scope of any career option is depended on many factors like market conditions, people needs & wants, self-interest, your personality, emotional intelligence etc.
But if you still want an appropriate answer from my side then I will say, “Healthcare industry will always be in demand and all the courses that I mentioned above are the part of this industry.”
In short, even though you are planning to get a medical degree without NEET exam then to it will benefit you in the future.
The bottom line?
Don’t just rely on the information presented in this article and finalize your decision, feel free to research more on your interest & the particular course of the medical stream.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I become a doctor without clearing the NEET exam?
To study MBBS in India or abroad, you need to qualify the country’s medical entrance examination called National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and it is not possible to become a doctor without qualifying the NEET (UG) exam.
2. What if a person doesn’t qualify for NEET exam?
If a person fails to qualify for NEET exam then it simply means that he/she cannot pursue MBBS/BDS in India. But, there are numerous career options available apart from MBBS.
3. Is a PharmD degree equivalent to MBBS degree?
Yes, the PharmD degree is equivalent to MBBS degree. PharmDs are also doctors with in-depth & better understanding of drugs & diseases.
4. Can NEET exam be cracked in 2 months?
Of course, you can! But, only if you have fully prepared and have clear concepts of all three subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology).
5. Which medical profession is the highest paid?
A Physician/Doctor is one of the highest-paid profession in the medical field. And, according to PayScale…an entry-level Physician/Doctor, general practice with less than 1-year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₹600,000.
Whether you manage to crack the NEET exam or not, the presence of disappointment should not develop is the main aim of this post.
So, if you were looking out for other after 12th career ideas without even appearing for the NEET exam, then I hope you have got the right value.
Also, you might have any other questions.
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below.